May 31 Pentecost Special Offering

                                                                             Supports Young People

 

                                                            Pentecost Sunday is an amazing, life-giving                                                                day in the community of faith. 


                                                            Psalm 71 testifies that a foundation of faith 
                                                            established during childhood helps ensure
                                                            lifelong faith and service. The patterns and
                                                            lessons established during these formative
                                                            years continue to bear fruit throughout a
                                                            person’s life. By giving to the Pentecost
                                                            Offering, your congregation participates in helping our children, youth, and young adults grow up to proclaim with the Psalmist, “O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still 
proclaim your wondrous deeds.”


A gift to the Pentecost Offering helps the church encourage, develop, and support its young people, and also address the needs of at-risk children. 40% of the Pentecost offering will be retained by St. Philip to make an impact in the lives of young people within our own community. The remaining 60% is used to support
children-at-risk, youth, and young adults through ministries of the Presbyterian Mission Agency.

 

Since we are still worshiping together in spirit, but in ways that protect each other from covid-19, you are encouraged to either send a check to the church office or give online at StPhil.org  (The donations page is accessed from the website or mobile version by pressing the “Give Now” buttons that are located multiple places).

 

Children are a “gift from God . . . a gift to the whole of the human community.

Thank you for your support of the Pentecost Offering on May 31st.

                                   Father's Day Bear

                                             for Cook's                                            Children’s Hospital 

 

                                  A bear drive for Cook                                   Children's Hospital will be held again this year by the women.  Since no one can be available to take your funds this year, please donate a check or cash to St. Philip stating that the amount is to be credited for bears for Cook's.  The bears will be directly delivered to Cook's.

 Youth and Families would like to invite you all to a car parade to celebrate our seniors.

          June 7th, 2020 from 5-5:30 p.m. 

 

Some questions you may have:

What is a car parade? Drive through the St. Philip parking lot in your car.  Honk and wave.  If you get really ambitious feel free to decorate your car or have a sign. 

Can I give things to the seniors? We will have baskets for you to drop cards, well wishes, etc in.

Can I hug the seniors? Unfortunately, no.  This is a no contact event.  We are keeping everyone safe by waving from a distance. 

Do I need to stay the whole time? Nope.  Drive through and give the seniors a wave.  Then be on your way. 

ST. PHILIP
PRESBYTERIAN
CHURCH

To be a welcoming and growing church, as we share God’s love in the community and meet the spiritual needs of our members.

Worship Times (suspended during COVID-19)

8:30 a.m.-Prayer Service on the Lawn

9:15 a.m.-Sunday School

10:30 a.m.-Worship

745 West Pipeline Road

Hurst TX 76053

(817) 282-9181

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White YouTube Icon