St. Philip welcomes community members to join us in the following
NEED-Northeast Emergency Distribution
In Hurst, Texas, 1 in 4 children is facing hunger.
St. Philip will have a monthly drive for NEED
the first Sunday of every month.
A percentage of our Community Garden produce is donated to NEED.
Project "Undy Sunday"
In January 2017 a church member brought a need for neglected and/or abused children entering foster care to our hearts.
Shortly after that, UNDY SUNDAY was born.
The 3rd Sunday of each month is declared "UNDY SUNDAY" at St. Philip.
New underwear, socks, Tshirts, sleepwear, and diapers are collected.
"First night bags" are filled with these items so children can enter their first placement in foster care with new underwear, socks, sleepwear and some toiletries.
For more information call the church office at (817)282-9181
Or email email@example.com
Hi Habitat Presbyterians,
A couple of reminders/updates on the Presbyterian Habitat house build:
(1) You and your friends can sign up here: http://vhub.at/presbyterians
(2) Workdays and type of work are listed on the link above. FYI our dates are May 7,8, June 2,4,5,9,11,12 . Work times are 7:45 am to 3 pm on the May dates, 7:15 am to 1 pm on the June dates. Location is 5104 Libbey.
(3) If your church would like to provide breakfast-type snacks or lunch on one of the days, please contact me. Volunteers?
(4) If you have not already done so, please send in the church pledge amount for this year to Jacquelyn and/or me. This should be an estimate of how much the church will contribute + when the money would be coming in.
(5) You can use the online fundraising link for people in your church if you want: https://givebutter.com/presbyterian2021
(6) Emmanuel is having a catered outside dinner to benefit this Habitat project on April 18, 5 pm. The meal gives a choice of Stuffed Carne Asada or Chicken Verde with associated sides, bread, and dessert, all home-made. If you or your friends want to come, you can sign up here: https://forms.gle/WUxuTStnQ6UXMUnKA
(Cost is a minimum donation of $18.)
(7) If any of your churches have a fundraiser you would like to share, let me know, and I will put it out there for everyone.
(8) Our dedication will be at the Habitat site at 5104 Libbey on June 12 at 8 am. Come then, and we will celebrate our homeowner Tameka Black and her home.
Cheers and love and hammers and nails to all,
Help St. Philip’s Ministry
by Joining a Special Team or Committee Below
***Join the Live-streaming Team. This special team of the church provides for the live streaming of our worship service. Members of this team work on a Power Point slide show (which is shown before the worship service), sets up the micro phones, and uses a laptop and a special production box that puts the worship service on Facebook and YouTube. Special training is needed, but it is not as difficult as you might think. Please contact Rev. Greg Garis or Tom Demer if you are interested in joining this special team.
***The Worship Committee is looking for interested people to join their committee. The worship committee oversees the music program, coordinates special services, helps recruit lay worship assistances, and oversees the people who prepare communion for the church. If you are interested, please speak with Rev. Greg Garis or Cecil Lawrence.
Do you like talking to people on the phone? Join the Calling Team which checks on members to see how they are doing. If you are interested, please contact Rev. Alissa Conner.
Kay Lynn’s Pantry
One ministry of St. Philip is to give to low income families
with a Loan Star Card or SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program) card items that do not qualify for this program. Every 2 months families can pick up for free household items, likes soaps, cleaning supplies and paper products.
Help us by collecting these supplies and dropping them off at
the church office. (There are specific sizes we collect.) (Church office are Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.; Friday, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)
for more detail on the household items email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandwiches for the Presbyterian Night Shelter
Join a group of 5 or 6 people who make
sandwiches together for the homeless shelter.
A group meets once a month.
For more information call the church office at (817) 282-9181
or email email@example.com
Jump for Joy Planning Team
For the last 4 years we have hosted a fundraiser for families in crises
in the HEB ISD.
The fundraiser includes Student musical performances,
art auction and a food court.
The social workers at Family Support Services receives these funds,
which helphomeless and unaccompanied Teens.
Email Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org about joining the Planning Team.